Industrial grade solar bollards
The only Australian made solar bollard light, with a 10 + year design life and 10 year warranty. Extremely vandal resistant.
Architecturally designed for government, mining, councils, retirement villages and resorts applications. Reliable constant all night light with a minimum of four full nights battery back-up.
SBL solar bollard lights are ideal for low level outdoor illumination for:
SBL solar lighting bollards are specification grade, certified Australian made, vandal resistant, and submersible, with a 10 + year design life. The SBL has a five year warranty and the SBL2 has a 10 year warranty, built to withstand the harsh Australian conditions.
SBL LED bollards are suitable for sites with shade, there are numerous power settings that allow the solar versions to cope with heavy shade, as well as the identical looking 12V non solar version to enable catering for almost any shade. This allows for uniformity of product throughout the project.
NSW, QLD, SA & NT councils and state government are able to purchase solar powered lights with ease utilising the Localbuy and Local Government Procurement preferred supplier status for Orca Solar Lighting. This ensures the customer is purchasing from a quality and reputable supplier and on very favourable terms.
Industrial strength solar bollard lights
Used by some of Australia’s most well know organisations such as BHP Billiton, Brisbane City Council, Department of Defence, Department of Transport & Main Roads QLD and Rio Tinto to name a few.
Solar bollard specifications
There are two generations of the solar bollard, the SBL and the SBL2. They are practically identical looking, are equally as vandal resistant, it is primarily the LED arrangement that sets the two Generations apart, each generation specifically designed to achieve the two most common lighting tasks – way finding lighting (SBL) and effective compliant pathway lighting (SBL2).
Demonstration: Vandal resistant solar powered LED bollards
With bollards in the market for over 10 years now, the original Australian made vandal resistant solar LED bollards operate provides reliable all night light in some of the most demanding locations.
From maritime locations with heavy salt water, extremely hot and dry desert regions such as the Pilbara, hot tropical locations such as Darwin, the freezing Victorian and NSW snow fields, through to high vandalism urban and remote areas, these bollards have proven they are tough and reliable.
Graffiti and paint is easily cleaned from the solar bollard head and aluminium post. The dome shape deters birds from landing and minimises debris build up. A gentle annual wipe of the solar bollard head keeps them looking beautiful all year round.
Town of Port Hedland Testimonial.
"We are very happy with the bollards, they suit the required use and are going to be a great asset to us for a long time. The tenants that we have put in the adjacent houses have not been shy in the past with airing any complaints they have, but I haven’t heard one complaint regarding the light bollards. That to me is a great accomplishment."
Alexander Beach Resort Testimonial.
"In December 2018, Alexandra Beach Resort purchased fourteen SBL solar lighting bollards to add to our existing lighting around the pathway and extensive swimming pool at the resort.
Many of the solar bollards are located in areas with a lot of shade at certain times of the year, Orca Solar Lighting came out and assessed the shading to ensure the correct power model and optimum locations were chosen.
The result has been a reliable and dependable lighting outcome, with a light source that complements a resort type setting. We would be happy to recommend this product to other resort type properties."
Applications for solar bollard lights
Parks & Open Spaces
Jetties, marinas & pontoons
Fully sealed with marine grade components. Completely submersible options available.
Parklands & Boardwalks
Solar lighting using Solar Bollards for parklands and boardwalks
Pathways and cycle-ways
Conforms to AS 1158 PP5 pathway lighting standards.
Asymmetrical (180 degree) light output option.
General safety & security
Solar driveway lighting using Solar Bollards.
Solar bollard product range
180° with aeroshield
On existing raised surface
Twin light overhead
Solar Lighting Bollards – a few of the many good reasons to invest in SBL.
Orca Solar Lighting® only supplies very high commercial and industrial grade products with a 10+ year life span, (we have a firm belief that low to mid-range grade products generally will cost the customer significantly more over the medium to long term, compared to the highest commercial and industrial grade products).
For this reason, the only solar bollard lighting product we supply is the SBL Solar Bollard Lighting range. SBL are the only Australian made solar bollard light, and the only solar lighting bollard that provides a 10 year warranty. Orca Solar Lighting is abreast of all relevant products across the globe, to ensure our customers receive the best value proposition, and we continue to stand by SBL.
Here’s the thing. Yes you can buy imported product for half* the price of the SBL Solar bollards, but you need to really look at what you are going to get, and how long it will really end up costing you. Please do the math on buying a low to mid-range product for say half the price of a proven industrial grade product that will likely outlast the other products by two to three times. It is not just the replacement cost of the product that needs to be factored in. There is the extra freight cost, the extra installation cost, plus the cost of disposing of (hopefully recycling) the failed product. Also factor in the hassle factor of having the failing products inspected, complaints from the people who use the area being lit.
Here are five good reasons to invest in SBL solar lighting bollard.
- Highest grade materials and components.
- The domes are made from the highest industrial grade SABIC SLX Lexan polycarbonate, the highest grade polycarbonate available, with a 10 + year design life, follow this link https://www.sabic.com/en/industries/electrical-and-electronics/lighting/weatherability . This is critical for solar bollard lights, as the UV (ultraviolet light) will make low to mid-range grade UV stabilized polycarbonates brittle and cause them to lose their transparent properties in as soon as three years**. If the polycarbonate goes brittle, it will no longer be ‘vandal resistant’ and over enough time, will crumble. If the polycarbonate loses its transparency, the solar panel will not be charged efficiently, and the light will not be diffused effectively, causing the product to fail. See link to Lexan SLX VS standard UV resistant polycarbonate test report PDF (published by Sabic, the manufacturer of Lexan SLX.
- The poles are made from high marine grade anodized aluminium (6106 T6 Aluminium Marine Grade) with large ribs down the sides for extra strength). These poles will last 20+ years, even in extreme corrosive coastal environments.
- The fasteners are 316 stainless steel (and the four fasteners that attach the bollard head to the pole are an SBL proprietary security fasteners, not a readily available ‘security’ fastener).
- SBL Solar Bollards are certified Australian made. For this certification, there is a system to accredit and then brand products with “Australian Made”. To be registered Australian Made requires a manufacturer to submit documentation on the procurement and manufacturing processes of a product for assessment against set criteria, and to pay a fee based on predicted sales of the product. If you see a product that claims “Australian Made” but is not registered with the AM campaign, then it is likely the product is not Australian Made. Look for the AM code or ask for it.
- Solar Bollard Lighting (SBL) specialises in designing and manufacturing solar bollards, this is all they do, and as they have been doing this all day every day since 2005, it is safe to say they have become extremely good at it. Through experience, they know what materials to use, the optimum solar panel and battery sizing to provide reliable and constant all night light regardless of climatic conditions or location. The shape and dimensions of the various components are well thought through for maximum strength. It needs to be noted here that shade assessments are paramount for solar lighting installations, and this is particularly the case for solar bollards as they tend to be only waist high, therefore more vulnerable to shadows from surrounding buildings and trees.
- Extremely robust track record across Australia’s harsh diverse climatic conditions. Thousands out in the field, some of them since 2005.
Buy quality, insist on SBL, the original, the only Australian made, the only with the 10 year warranty. SBL – ASK FOR IT BY NAME.
*Imported solar bollards range from less than half the cost to close to double the cost of the certified Australian made SBL solar lighting bollards.
** See the SABIC Lexan VS document.
Solar bollard Lighting enquiry form
Ease of purchase for local government
All NSW, Qld, and ACT local government can purchase SBL solar lighting bollards through the Localbuy and Local Government Procurement contracts, eliminating the need to go to tender or obtain three quotes, with peace of mind that they are dealing with a reputable pre-qualified supplier and purchasing on the best possible terms.